A Expandable and Collapsable "Notes Section" Frame?

famusvictim

2013-06-05 20:24:43

Sorry to flood the Feature Requests Section, but I've been building a massive Project file for a customized Ableton set-up and ideas just keep coming up.

This one is relatively simple, and great for beginners and experts alike.

A "Notes Section", perhaps in an expandable/collapsable frame sticking out to the right or something along those lines. Just a place for someone building a large project to keep track of his thoughts, variables, and MIDI info, with freeform text entry.

Anyone else second this motion?

All the best

Erik

florian

2013-11-13 15:56:05

Hi,

yes! you can use the description field of the project properties. But "per preset" notes are even better. Possibly even "per translator".

Thanks,
Florian

famusvictim

2013-11-13 16:06:55

florian wrote:Hi,

yes! you can use the description field of the project properties. But "per preset" notes are even better. Possibly even "per translator".

Thanks,
Florian
Thanks for the reply!!

I like your hierarchical thinking there!!!

This reminds me of a request that constantly comes to mind again and again as I work with MT:
--An automatically generated list - hierarchically organized with the typical "sort buttons" - of all the individual messages used in a project, both "in" and "out" messages.

With a huge project, losing track can be horrible, and as mine finally started to not suck recently, and I really got good, I was still dealing with nearly 3000 outgoing messages alone, and over 5 controllers for incoming messages!

Even better would be if it were searchable (I'm almost done 16 channels with a project.
Ever more better would be an option to view the same list as subtractively - by clicking an "available messages" button - to see all the available standard MIDI messages that have not been used in IN and OUT respectively…. (with ports listed would be incredible)

Thanks again!

florian

2013-11-13 21:44:00

I hear ya... we'll think of something.
Maybe an export to .xls or so would be sufficient?
Florian